Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) offers a range of programs that help take research from labs to the marketplace.
- Market Readiness helps commercialize promising intellectual property (technical, business or social) developed at Ontario publicly funded academic research institutions. The mechanism for IP/technology transfer is via a newly created Ontario-based company, or by licensing to an existing company, resulting in substantial and sustainable economic benefit to Ontario (e.g. jobs, revenue).
- Collaborate-to-Commercialize (C2C) helps companies develop and commercialize all types of innovations (technical, business and social) through project partnerships with Ontario publicly funded academic research institutions (university, college, research hospital). This two-year program is designed for projects with special innovation challenges, demonstrated market pull and high potential for commercialization.
- SmartStart provides funding, training and development for new start-up enterprises by Ontario’s next generation entrepreneurs.
- High Performance Computing provides access to high performance computing for SMEs in Ontario through a partnership with IBM and a consortium of seven Ontario universities known as the Southern Ontario Smart Computing Innovation Platform (SOSCIP).
- Colleges Ontario Network for Industry Innovation (CONII) connects business to the applied research and commercialization expertise of Ontario’s colleges to provide practical solutions to technical and business challenges.
- Medical Sciences Proof-of-Principle (MSc PoP) helps commercialize promising life sciences and medical technology intellectual property (IP) developed at Ontario publicly funded academic research institutions (universities, colleges, research hospitals).