Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) offers a range of programs that help take research from labs to the marketplace.
- Market Readiness helps commercialize promising intellectual property (technical, business or social) developed at Ontario publicly funded academic research institutions. The mechanism for IP/technology transfer is via a newly created Ontario-based company, or by licensing to an existing company, resulting in substantial and sustainable economic benefit to Ontario (e.g. jobs, revenue).
- High Performance Computing provides access to high performance computing for SMEs in Ontario through a partnership with IBM and a consortium of seven Ontario universities known as the Southern Ontario Smart Computing Innovation Platform (SOSCIP).
- Colleges Ontario Network for Industry Innovation (CONII) connects business to the applied research and commercialization expertise of Ontario’s colleges to provide practical solutions to technical and business challenges.
- Alberta-Ontario Innovation Program supports cross-provincial collaborations between industry and academia to solve key industry challenges in both provinces.
- TalentEdge Program provides Ontario students and recent graduates with real-world experience, enabling interns and postdoctoral fellows to apply their expertise and the latest tools to industry problems. The program has two components:
- TalentEdge Internship Program provides support for college and university students (undergraduate, graduate and PhD) and recent graduates (up to three years) to work on collaborative industry-driven projects across all disciplines and areas of specialization.
- TalentEdge Fellowship Program provides support for Ontario-based Postdoctoral Fellows (PDFs) to work on industry-driven research and development projects. This program is open to PDFs across all disciplines and areas of specialization.