As part of GlobalStart, invited applicants can participate in programs offered by OCE's partners in select regions around the world. Currently, OCE is pleased to offer partnerships in both Hong Kong and India (see below).
Service Structure: 6 months program in 2 phases
Program Fee: US$6,000/phase (includes 2 workstations at Soft Landing Centre)
Phase 1 – Business Review (First 3 months)
- Assign dedicated IAP Account Manager
- Assist in relocation, business registration, visa applications
- Review company business plan and Asia market strategy
- Validate business plan based on preliminary market intelligence
- Introduce strategic partners and supporting organizations
Phase 2 – Implementation (Second 3 months)
- Connect to senior industry leaders for market insights and business referral
- Facilitate meetings and business trips
- Regular meetings with Account Manager
- Softlanding Services
- Service Structure: maximum 6 months
- Familiarization service support on market, legal, and business development activities
- Promotion of your services/products via Cyberport’s available channels (e.g. e-newsletter)
- Opportunity to attend digital tech events, seminars, workshops, and activities organized/co-organized by Cyberport to establish connections and network with entrepreneurs, investors, industry leaders, and stakeholders (Note: Participants should bear admission fee of events, if any. Cyberport will try to provide complimentary tickets, if available)
- Opportunity to receive mentorship from industry experts or consultants
- Go-to-market opportunity
- Showcase of IoT products at relevant Cyberport events or exhibitions
- Office space at Cyberport Entrepreneurship Centre or Smart-Space (Note: Monthly rental fees at the Smart-Space are (all in HK currency): $800 for Flexi-Space, $1,500 for Workstation, $6,000 and up for Office room depending on room size)
- Making use of Cyberport Representative Offices in Shanghai and Guangzhou to soft-land into the Chinese market
- Meeting with InvestHK associate in Canada to plan for the trip - including providing market overview and practical advices on doing business in the region.
- Facilitate connections to relevant organizations.
- Briefing and advice from InvestHK sector specialists in Hong Kong.
- On-going support and business networking opportunities in Hong Kong.
- NOTE: all successful applicants, who selected Hong Kong, will be introduced to Invest HK
- 1-week Business and culture orientation workshop at Carleton University. CICE will contact successful applicants and offer three potential orientation workshop dates. Applicants will be able to attend any one of the offered ones.
- Three month incubation at any of the five CICE partners in India. Applicants will be offered a recommended incubator based on their sector/potential customer base. However, applicants will be able to choose any one of the partners.
- Three months of accommodation in India arranged with support from CICE
- Program Fee is as follows and includes orientation workshop, office space, and accommodation in India:
Cohort Size (# companies)
2 to 4
5 to 9
10 & up
- CICE has partners in many leading tech clusters in India, including Ahmedabad, Pune, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Goa, Delhi, and Chennai. For more information about CICE, please visit www.carleton.ca/india.
Learn more about the GlobalStart Voucher Program. Check back often for additional partnership announcements!