The Alberta-Ontario Innovation Program (AOP) brings industry and academia together in cross-provincial collaborations to solve key industry challenges in both Ontario and Alberta through research and development. The goal is to create economic benefits for both provinces through job retention and creation, enhanced productivity and competitiveness, knowledge transfer and industry revenue growth. Companies may use research results to their own advantage or for the benefit of their supply chains.
The Program is managed by Alberta Innovates-Technology Futures (AITF) and the Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE). Industry-academic projects that fall within the NSERC (Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council) mandate can also leverage existing NSERC programs. Other sources of federal funding, beyond NSERC, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Accelerate industry’s ability to commercialize and/or increase productivity through collaborations between industry and Alberta/Ontario publicly-funded academic research institutions
- Build partnerships that create sector-wide commercial impact and/or increased productivity
OCE and AITF are currently accepting Expressions of Interest (EOIs) for this program on a rolling basis.
- Companies developing new or improved products, services and/or increasing their productivity
- Increased economic outcomes to the provinces of Alberta and Ontario
- Scientific expertise leveraged in both Alberta and Ontario
Interested in Applying? More details
on the Alberta-Ontario Innovation Program.