Windsor’s EPICentre is well named as the centre of all entrepreneurial activities at the southwestern Ontario university.
From in-class education, to extra-curricular activities to incubation space, The Entrepreneurship, Practice and Innovation Centre (EPICentre), is the place where students and recent graduates can learn about entrepreneurship and resources and turn their ideas into successful ventures.
There is also a major thrust toward supporting students who want to do business with Canada’s largest trading partner, the United States.
EPICentre’s cross-border initiatives offer students the opportunity to learn the nuances of doing business in the U.S. as well as internships to assist them in expanding their businesses south of the border.
There are six facilities under the umbrella of EPICentre with each playing a different role in supporting entrepreneurship on campus:
- EPIC Odette is a creativity space for students and recent graduates to explore their business ideas
- EPIC Innovation is EPICentre’s newly opened incubation space dedicated to students and recent graduates to help them launch and grow their businesses
- Industrial Courtyard is an incubation space targeted at start-ups who need industrial space for prototype or product development
- Biotech Courtyard consists of a wet lab space for start-ups in health and life sciences
- Computer Science Courtyard is a hacker space for Computer Science students working on collaborative research and development with industry partners
- Creative Arts Courtyard provides students at the School of Creative Arts a collaborative and creative space to experiment on their ideas
This story was provided by University of Windsor.