The next cohort of the China Angels Mentorship Program (CAMP) opened for applications on June 19.
A joint initiative of Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) and the China Canada Angels Alliance (CCAA), CAMP is a virtual incubation program designed to create value for early-stage companies looking to access the Chinese market. CAMP is committed to building a cross-border ecosystem for innovative, early-stage Canadian companies that are interested in doing business in China. Through participation in CAMP, companies will benefit in several ways, including:
- Building their network (partners, mentors, and government representatives)
- Visiting with top companies in China to gain valuable, on-the-ground business perspectives and cultural insights into the Chinese market
- Working with leading investment and industry mentors
- Gaining direct access to, and forge business ties with, the Chinese market
- Receiving an initial seed investment from $100,000 to $500,000 from CCAA investors, with possible co-investment by OCE through its Market Readiness Program
OCE will assist CCAA in identifying companies for potential investment by CCAA investors through the CAMP initiative. CCAA will evaluate the potential investment opportunities and be responsible for the final selection of companies for investment and participation in CAMP. Any co-investment by OCE will be on a case-by-case basis through OCE’s Market Readiness Program, subject to program eligibility and selection criteria.
The application deadline is September 1, and the final top 10 companies will be selected by December 2017, with the trip to occur in March/April 2018.
Detailed program guidelines and timelines are available on the OCE website.