With the increasing spread of COVID-19 and a rapidly evolving global response, the health and safety of our staff, partners and the broader public is our top priority. We are taking proactive actions to support global, national, provincial and local efforts being undertaken on the ground as we work together to “flatten the curve.” OCE is dedicated to ensuring our actions are informed by the best expert advice available and we will continue to coordinate our response with the Public Health Agency of Canada, Ontario’s Ministry of Health, and Toronto’s Chief Medical Officer of Health.
We are implementing these immediate safety measures to help reduce the potential spread of the virus, while ensuring business continuity:
- All OCE staff are working from home.
- All in-person events, workshops and meetings currently scheduled have been suspended until further notice. If you have a meeting or event scheduled, we will coordinate with you to develop an alternative arrangement.
- We are no longer taking meetings at our main office (325 Front Street W.) and will be instead setting up virtual meetings and teleconference calls, where appropriate.
- Be advised that if you are a current tenant of our main office, building access is still possible for those with security passes and fixed hand-sanitizer stations remain available throughout the building.
- All business travel has been suspended.
- For those using the ENCQOR and NGNP testbeds and the AVIN Regional Technology Development Sites (RTDS), please consult with the appropriate innovation hub for their approach to building/on-site access.
With the World Health Organization recognizing COVID-19 as a public health emergency, the emphasis must be on each of our individual actions as we work together, in a coordinated effort, to contain the spread of the virus.
Please be assured that we are virtually connected to our systems, answering calls and emails, in-taking and reviewing applications, issuing awards, and processing claims. Our Business Development (BD) Team is working virtually with clients, developing proposals and assisting with applications. To borrow from the wise words of our partner Communitech, it’s “business as virtual” in the innovation ecosystem.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Braden Root-McCaig, Director of Communications & Strategy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also recognize the importance of access to quality information sources and encourage individuals seeking additional information about the virus to visit Health Canada, the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and Toronto Public Health.
President & CEO