Part of a growing sector, social entrepreneurs and enterprises give priority to positive social and environmental impacts while creating jobs and attracting investment throughout Ontario and beyond.
Social enterprises use business strategies to achieve a social or environmental impact. While generating revenues from the sale of goods and services, social enterprises also expressly intend to create positive outcomes, and they measure their results. As their business grows, the social impact grows.
Building on the success of the Ontario Social Impact Voucher Pilot, Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) is pleased to announce the Ontario Social Impact Voucher (OSIV) Program.
This program will provide value-added supports to encourage the development of Ontario’s social entrepreneurs and enterprises.
The OSIV Program will deploy up to 200 Social Impact Vouchers at a value of up to $3,000 per voucher to Ontario-based social entrepreneurs and enterprises, through Delivery Organizations (DO) selected by OCE through an open call and assessment process.
- The list of the selected nine Delivery Organizations and descriptions of their value added services being offered is listed on the main page
Interested social entrepreneurs and enterprises will apply for value added entrepreneurship skills training and knowledge-building opportunities through the Delivery Organizations via AccessOCE, OCE’s online application system.
- Social entrepreneurs and enterprises will select the value-added service provided by the DO and contact the DO for eligibility criteria.
- On reviewing the social enterprise eligibility, the DO will contact OCE to initiate an online applications for the eligible social enterprises and entrepreneur.
- The social entrepreneurs and enterprises MUST work closely with their chosen Delivery Organizations to seek guidance on completing their online applications.
- All applications will also have to be endorsed by a member of the ONE network, before submission.
OSIV Program vouchers will flow directly to the Delivery Organizations and be redeemed by the selected social entrepreneurs and enterprises.
Funding for this program has been provided by the Government of Ontario through the Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade.
Please note that applications to this program are currently closed.
More details on the Ontario Social Impact Voucher (OSIV) Program.